Friday, November 20, 2015

What I am Thankful for this Year.

Earlier today, I had no idea what I would share to here today.  We have been busy volunteering. The place has been super busy due to the weather changing, the holidays coming up and as word of mouth spreads.

On the homeschool front, we are finishing out units before switching to holiday mode. We do more of an unschool approach then a curriculum approach. We have had a few wonderful things happen. Both kids made their math goals. We then set new ones and we are so close. I'm sure they will get it.

So I thought I would make a list of what I'm thankful for:

The Serious List:

1. I'm thankful that my husband's transplant is still working
2. I'm thankful that my daughter is two years seizure free.
3. I'm thankful that my son continues to thrive in homeschool
4. I'm thankful my oldest will be home for the holidays this year
5. I'm thankful for a roof over my family's head. I kind of took this for granted until we started working at the free store.
6. I'm thankful that my family has working utilities/utilities on. I took this for granted too.
7. I'm thankful for being able to have food for my family to eat.
8. I'm thankful that together, my husband and I can both make sure we have the ability to make sure the above happen. I say that it takes a knack to be poor and thrive. You would be surprised on those that can't.
9. I'm thankful we can provide clothing for my kids and that it is there for them. I took this one for granted
10. I'm so thankful for a younger sister who is willing to go take care of a dead fish in her brother's tank. Or my older son doing something for my daughter. I think being close to your siblings is a wonderful thing. I'm so glad that us homeschooling has gave them time to develop that friendship.

Now for some fun things:
11. I'm thankful to the internet. It has brought me in touch with so many people that have enriched our lives
12. I'm thankful for google. It is way better than the encyclopedias I was sent to looking for answers.
13. I'm thankful for having cable. I just turned 40 and it was only in the last year, we had it. I have no idea how we lived.
14. I'm thankful for Netflix. Really, how did we survive?
15. I'm so thankful for Amazon. Did I have to go to the actual store for these things?
16. I'm thankful for Pinterest. How did I cook, diy, and pin things I will never do.


And my last one to leave you with:

I'm so thankful that Mini Me and I started connecting with all of you, either through our Facebook page or this Blog.

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving with lots of love and giving.







No comments:

Post a Comment