Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Book Review of "Tales of Great Spirit Animals" by Brandon Mull

A Book Review of "Tales of Great Spirit Animals" by Brandon Mull
This book review is done my Mini Me

Momma's notes: This book is for Grades 4-7. It is a collection of short stories. It is a prequal the the "Spirit Animal Series" by the same author. The book also came out between Books 5 and 6 of the same series. It is a Fiction book, and from the fantasy genre, containing shape shifting. The kids are working on getting more descriptive.

The review:
I would say over all, I totally loved this book.
The Characters were well thought out.
I got into the book right away.
Description: The book is about great animals. They want to save the world they are from war and this is their journey. The fought humans and other great beast. The fought in Erdas but died. The were able to come back alive. 
I give it 5 out of 5 feathers.

Sometimes, you have to think beyond the box.(It doesn't hurt to use old toys.) I took painter's tape and put it on 100 legos. I don't think size matter's. I also saw this idea come across my Pinterest Feed. If this is your idea, I would totally give you credit. I looked and couldn't find it. I'm so sorry I can't list your name. On fifty of the legos, I wrote the full name of the state and on 50, I wrote only the abbreviations. When we get this conquered, I going to do 50 states with 50 capitals.  -Momma's tip of the day.
mom

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Mini Me! Momma, I can't claim the idea, but I also saw it and used it with small Legos. We added magnets to the back of the Legos. I took a poster map of the USA (from Office Depot) and taped it to our magnetic chalkboard. They practiced matching the states and abbreviations Legos as well as matching the abbreviations to the actual state themselves. This helped them to master the location as well. We did a quiz a week (with a blank US map) where they labeled the states by abbreviations and wrote the capital cities and states on a separate paper. They also chose a couple of states to do a poster/project on.) This was one of our late summer projects in 2014. It worked really well, but then again, we also paid them $10 as soon as they had them mastered so perhaps that had a little something to do with it. 😉

    ReplyDelete